วันเสาร์ที่ 28 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2552

My beloved Mary Blair

It's 1 am in Sunday morning and I still can't sleep !
Today I had such a frustrated day. I couldn't describe what exactly happen and I wouldn't, because It was too desperate to lament about what have already happened......So, I decided to write my blog and talk about Mary Blair, my all-time favorite illustrator.

Who is she? Um.... Have you ever go to "It's a small world" in Disneyland , or see any Disney classic movies like Cinderella, Alice in wanderland or Peter Pan ? Ah ha..... Mary Blair designed their concept art !!


She was an American Artist who work for Walt Disney Company at the begining. She was the one who bring contemperary art into Walt Disney movies and was one of the greatest illustrators that Disney've ever had. Nowadays, Many animations movies get an inspiration from her concept art ("UP", "Ratatouille", Etc).

How she use color and the way she tell the story though pictures present how she look the world like an innocent child who had nothing to fear. It's easy and very simple which make me realize that sometime, this world is not that cruel. Every time I felt down, I always look at her works and I will thanks her for making my life full of happiness again !


Hope you will enjoy like me ;)


some of her works

I like her color !!

Cinderella's Concept Art


It's small world (Totally agree 100%)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น